Bridal Skin Tips
Today I have the privilege of bringing you some advice from The Skin Nerd.
Looking amazing is every girls dream, but the luminous, dewy bridal skin you crave is most important on your big day.
Jennifer (aka The Skin Nerd) has some tips for you.
1. Prep is key- when planning the dress, psyche yourself up for the skin regime at the same time, many wait until 6 weeks prior to their wedding and it may not be enough time to tackle any true concerns. Seek a consult as soon as the engagement party is over! Visit www.theskinnerd.com for convenient online consultations.
2. Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful – a wonderfully exciting time no doubt but still a busy time so be sure to up the multi vitamin intake, horse vitamin C into you - 1000mg daily to warn off colds while also strengthening capillary walls- bearing in mind red is the first colour to be seen on camera! I’d also recommend taking lysine to prevent cold sores!
3. Hyaluronic is ideal to pump moisture into the skin and act as an added bonus to the two litre of water intake! It can be added to any serum, booster or moisturiser to soften fine lines and wrinkles- a touch into a body cream is also recommended for smooth hydrated skin. (This will assist in getting that flawless false tan application!)
4. Take omegas internally ie essential fatty acids in the form of supplements or oily fish. These will have the body wedding and honeymoon ready – helping keep it soft with less inflammation and stress breakouts
5. Treatments such as the Environ Hydra Boost is ideal to give the bridal glow, IPL and Neostrata Peel 3 months prior, needling 6 months prior do NOT try anything new the month of the wedding unless advised by a facialist
So there you have it ladies, no excuses!
Much love and happy planning,